I can't see the INSTALL QUESTIONS ON GENTOOX 3.1

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
POOMAN_D_E_D

I can't see the INSTALL QUESTIONS ON GENTOOX 3.1

Post by POOMAN_D_E_D »

When i try to install this version of gentoox everything is overscanned to the left of the screen. Is there a way to remedy this problem??
POOMAN_D_E_D

Re: I can't see the INSTALL QUESTIONS ON GENTOOX 3.1

Post by POOMAN_D_E_D »

[quote="POOMAN_D_E_D"]When i try to install this version of gentoox everything is overscanned to the left of the screen. Is there a way to remedy this problem??

I have pin pointed the problem. It seems that this problem only occurs on the 1.6 xboxes with the appleVI pro chip using the M8 bios.

So now i need to ask if the Bios controls the screen posittioning? because the same cd shows up fine on my softmodded xboxes.

And i am going to further test this on another xbox modded with an appleV. Just to see if it is just the M8 bios.
lotw
Pro

Re: I can't see the INSTALL QUESTIONS ON GENTOOX 3.1

Post by lotw »

POOMAN_D_E_D wrote:
POOMAN_D_E_D wrote:When i try to install this version of gentoox everything is overscanned to the left of the screen. Is there a way to remedy this problem??

I have pin pointed the problem. It seems that this problem only occurs on the 1.6 xboxes with the appleVI pro chip using the M8 bios.

So now i need to ask if the Bios controls the screen posittioning? because the same cd shows up fine on my softmodded xboxes.

And i am going to further test this on another xbox modded with an appleV. Just to see if it is just the M8 bios.
Actually that isn't the real problem. It is the setup for Gentoox and some TVs no matter what version of Xbox you own. On my v1.0 or v1.4 I have the same problem on my 55" Widescreen HDTV when I use the HDTV kit, so I did my installs from an SSH. I does however screw me on the first boot questions after it is installed.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

you can ssh in and run "firstboot".... also, please dont mention evox on these forums. The Xbox v1.6 has NO overscan correction, and HDTV isnt very good for overscan.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo