Write error during install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
mbriody

Write error during install

Post by mbriody »

I tried to do an install from a DVD created with the Stardust iso and selected a non-native install to F. However it failed write away with an error writing to F.

Is this because I have a 160Gb drive and no G drive?

I tried searching the forums and FAQ's and it still seems unclear to me whether > 137Gb drives are supported or not. This should really be in the first readme or installation tutorial.

Its not listed in the 'known issues' or 'requirements' sections inside install.txt.
lotw
Pro

Re: Write error during install

Post by lotw »

mbriody wrote:I tried to do an install from a DVD created with the Stardust iso and selected a non-native install to F. However it failed write away with an error writing to F.

I tried searching the forums and FAQ's and it still seems unclear to me whether > 137Gb drives are supported or not. This should really be in the first readme or installation tutorial.

Its not listed in the 'known issues' or 'requirements' sections inside install.txt.
If you searched the forums you would have found that there is a problem accessing non-native mode above 137g. There are ways around it however
mbriody

Re: Write error during install

Post by mbriody »

I did do a search, several in fact, as I said above.

If you read the posts you will see that the suggested workarounds all seem to have failed.

I'm just surprised there's no mention in the official documentation of this limitation.
lotw wrote:
mbriody wrote:I tried to do an install from a DVD created with the Stardust iso and selected a non-native install to F. However it failed write away with an error writing to F.

If you searched the forums you would have found that there is a problem accessing non-native mode above 137g. There are ways around it however