Changing hoc, voc on Home v3.1

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
paullj1

Changing hoc, voc on Home v3.1

Post by paullj1 »

I have a v1.6 xbox, no mod chip, i still can't figure out how to change the voc, hoc for my xbox. I tried SVBset and it gave me one option for each question, composite, 640x480, ntsc. Someone please help me! TIA!
NetNut404

Re: Changing hoc, voc on Home v3.1

Post by NetNut404 »

paullj1 wrote:I have a v1.6 xbox, no mod chip, i still can't figure out how to change the voc, hoc for my xbox. I tried SVBset and it gave me one option for each question, composite, 640x480, ntsc. Someone please help me! TIA!
I have the same problem, and am looking for the answer as well I even tried editing the linuxboot.cfg file manually, and it had no effect. on thing different in my setup is though I have a 1.6 box I have modded with a xchip with evox on it.. bit I have the same symptoms you mention.
paullj1

finaly

Post by paullj1 »

i posted the same question before, and no one understands finally someone understands. hopefully someone will figure out the answer soon.
pipperoXbox

Post by pipperoXbox »

I also have an xbox V1.6.
Additionally, i have such overscan problems, that make it completely useless on a TV screen, to the point that i had to do the setup using SSH.
As far as i understand, there is no solution yet, as the Xcalibur chip which is used in our version has only a preliminary support at the moment...
So i guess we just have to wait.
It's not a major problem for me though, i use VNC to operate my xbox from my computer; even better, i'll struggle to get an Xserver running on my Windows PC and connect it remotely to the xbox, i'm quite a n00b on linux, but for what i can understand, with this solution i should be able to use a desktop bigger than the 640x480 (the resolution my xbox is running at) that VNC basically streams over the network.
lotw
Pro

Re: Changing hoc, voc on Home v3.1

Post by lotw »

paullj1 wrote:I have a v1.6 xbox, no mod chip, i still can't figure out how to change the voc, hoc for my xbox. I tried SVBset and it gave me one option for each question, composite, 640x480, ntsc. Someone please help me! TIA!
If you search for that you will find a thread that tells how to do it. Not sure if it works any different on a 1.6 xbox.
pipperoXbox

Post by pipperoXbox »

It doesn't work!
Overscan compensation AND other resolutions than 64x480 are currently unsupported on the XCalibur video encoder of the XBOX V1.6.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I like it when people read the manual.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo