Flashing Back to EvoX

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
beshamish

Flashing Back to EvoX

Post by beshamish »

Hi, this morning i flashed my mod with the bios for gentoo linux and made a cd from the ISO image for the gentoo home edition. The cd i made doesn't work, i used a TDk 700mb CD-rw and burnt at 4X. I now want to go back to my evox dashboard coz i just wanna play games now. But don't know how to flash back to my original bios, can anybody help me coz i can't get gentoox workin either :( and help would be moslty appreciated, thanks
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

Why does'nt your Gentoox work. To flash your bios click the link
http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... e&artid=48
beshamish

Post by beshamish »

How can i do that without a keyboard, sorry if that is a noob and very annoyin question!
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

You have a keyboard for your pc so use "PUTTY" (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgta ... ad.html)to ssh and use the
IP 192.168.1.13 to loggin to your box, then log in as root and type
magic
and enter
Maybe after a few hours your Gentoox will work
Is your box networked to the pc and if yes how.
beshamish

Post by beshamish »

hi, i got my xbox and pc hooked up to my router, i was Ftp ok with evox so they are both conected.
beshamish

Post by beshamish »

Hi, i just tried that putty but it won't connect i keep getting connection timed out, would it be because gentoox isn't actually installed properly so it is not connecting to the network?
gasranas
Linux User

Post by gasranas »

What's your main PC's IP Address ?

Until you can get into your xbox, it has to be 192.168.1.something

Gas.
beshamish

Post by beshamish »

I had an idea i was using my pc's samsung drive in my xbox to boot the cd , now they work, but im having trouble coz i don't want my hard drive to b formatted coz i got all my game saves on ther.
DOGSMAN
Adept

Post by DOGSMAN »

If you do the E install none of your hdd will be formated and then you can allways delete the instilation by ftp'ing. I think you need to have 3.8 gig free on E to do it this way.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Please, no mention of EvoX.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo