ShALLaX Legal Defence Thread

Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories goes here - even non-Gentoox related posts can go here! Keep it clean, no flaming!
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

ShALLaX Legal Defence Thread

Post by Trogdor »

As Thomas "ShALLaX" Pedley has been reported to an Internet Service Provider for alleged unsolicited email, while updating the rules of his forum at http://forums.shallax.com; this thread is to provide ShALLaX with
a) information concerning laws about unsolicited email in the United Kingdom and the country in which the complaint was filed to an Internet Service Provider
b) evidence from registered members of this forum that the updated rules of the forum he sent to members did not constitute unsolicited email.

I, "Trogdor," as a registered user of the forums at http://forums.shallax.com, believe that the rules updates that ShALLaX sent me did not constitute unsolicited email.

MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I think you may have missed the point Trogdor, the person reporting Shallax to his ISP is the reason why Shallax has changed the rules. It was the emails sent out about server downtimes that the person complained about.

However I do think it is a bit stupid to complain about that. If you are a registered user of these forums then it can only be useful to know that the server is down paticularly regarding magic. I was in the middle of a magic update when Shallax took the server down and without the email I would have had know way of telling what had gone wrong. Also as I write this I see there are only 356 registered users of the forum. How 355 emails (I pressume Shallax didn't inform himself about downtime) can constitute mass mailing or spam I don't know. Is the person on reception at work guilty of it each lunchtime when she emails everybody in the company to let them know the sandwich man has arrived, no, because we are all part of the same organisation. The same applies on this forum, the forum forms a community, Shallax is the leader he therefore has the right to email everybody when he can't use the forum or the website to let people know what is going on.
Last edited by nobspangle on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

honestly.. i think that if the server went down without notification i would complain... some ppl just have no class
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

fuz, thats exactly my point, im glad you get it :)
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
madskillz09022
Linux User

Post by madskillz09022 »

ur glad fuz gets it? damn you'd have to be a jackass not to get it... i dunno what went through that losers head but dont worry bout it.

cheers

~MaDsKiLLz
fuz
Power user

Post by fuz »

dude if i can grasp it then it must be a fairly simple concept.. just yesterday i mastered the "power switch" tricky crap but i got there in the end.. push, release, breathe out
127.0.0.1, wherever you go.. there you are!