Getting 128MB RAM to work w/ xDSL and xbeboot

Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories goes here - even non-Gentoox related posts can go here! Keep it clean, no flaming!
gnif
Novice

Post by gnif »

no, a relative path is not possible... the loader has to init and load the fatx filesystem itself since it takes over the system... AFAIK it doesnt know its own path, and its not possible for it to do so.
Thraxen
Linux User

Post by Thraxen »

Where can I download the source code for the latest xbeboot?
gnif
Novice

Post by gnif »

I would like to know that myself, shallax?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

and you guys should search around the site some more O.o

http://shallax.com:2002/Gentoox_Loader/
Thraxen
Linux User

Post by Thraxen »

Wait... I'm looking for the source for xbeboot. That link takes me to some files for the Gentoox loader and cromwell. Unless Gentoox is the same thing as xbeboot, that's not what I was looking for.
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Clearly you haven't had much experience with a search bar...

Go to http://www.xbox-linux.org and click CVS.
Thraxen
Linux User

Post by Thraxen »

Meh... sorry, I'm not familiar with dev stuff. I went to that site already, but went to the download link instead of the CVS link.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Heh, the CVS link has only recently been fixed by me on the Xbox-Linux site. SF restructured all of their CVS junk which broke it. So I can forgive people for not being able to find it!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Thraxen
Linux User

Post by Thraxen »

gnif wrote: I have poured through the cromwell source, and I know for certain that the default video mode is just a "#define" in one of the headers (PREFERRED_MODE i think), if shallax would be kind enough to send me a copy of the gentoox loader source (I cant find it, only patches) I would gladly modify and re-compile it for you (could also change the config path)
Hey, do you think you could go ahead and do this for me? I'd like to try out a build of the Gentoox loader with 480p defined as the video mode. I think attempting to get xbeboot to use the 138 MB of RAM is a dead end and no one really seems interested in fixing it.