People need to calm down

Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories goes here - even non-Gentoox related posts can go here! Keep it clean, no flaming!
shinomen
Linux User

People need to calm down

Post by shinomen »

I've seen your latest news threads talking about how people are getting upset because their xbox has gotten screwed up and just wanted to add my two cents.

We all know that what we are doing is beyond the scope of what microsoft imagined the xbox to be or rather do for us. No matter if we are doing legal linux derivative installs or loading the most recent questionable bios to our modchip or tsop. I think everyone should realize that if your are in any way hacking the original intention of the xbox, that you should also take responsibility for what you are doing. No one told you that you must mod your xbox for game backups or that you should put an OS on it to realize the full potential of your system. All these people have done is share their knowledge of what they themselves have worked on to unleash the possibilities of a gaming system to make it more robust for everyone.

If you feel like someone has mislead you by letting you know that you could do something extraordinary with what you have purchased and you end up blamming them for your mistakes then you are a fool. No one has forced you to reverse engineer your xbox; that was your own decision!

Kinda off subject, it's like saying......"You told me to smoke these cigarettes and that nothing would happen to me!" when you knew full well that if you smoked them that there were going to be consequences. Same thing goes for all xbox developments. You know what your getting yourself into, don't try to blame the creator for your mishaps.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

It's a nice post, but did you need to post 3 times?
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
shinomen
Linux User

Post by shinomen »

I was drinking..............so I was in to it :)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Excellent post! Couldnt have said it better, I think I'll refer people to this post when I get complaints.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
rbsfou
Novice

Re: People need to calm down

Post by rbsfou »

I'll calm down when this board lets me post properly! It's really hard to show examples of other people in similar situations or trying to achieve similar goals, when you can't even post links to their pages or posts on this or other forums....ARRRRRGH!

I don't care about hosing my xbox - i have plenty more - and it really sucks if someone such as ShallaX has had to impose sanctions on noobs like me because of all of the arseholes out there. Why do you think the GPL mentions "NO WARRANTY" and there a plenty of warnings on stuff like this?