Thoughts on what i should do?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories goes here - even non-Gentoox related posts can go here! Keep it clean, no flaming!
pyro_chaos

Thoughts on what i should do?

Post by pyro_chaos »

Ok so im doin pc work for some guy and he is gunna give me his old xbox the downside is it has no dvd-rom drive. I am willing to spend around $50 to get it running but i wanna know if its worth it. I wanna be able to run linux on it (preferablely a server) and still be able to play halo and other burned games. Please tell what way you think i should go about this wether i get mod chip and nre xbox dvd-rom and dual boot. Or should i just have it a straight server. I do wanna upgrade the size of the hd wether it be add one or replace. I just dont wanna spend to much i already have a 20 or 40 gig i can throw in.
thnx

Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

1. No talk of piracy on these forums.

2. You needn't a dvd drive to run Linux, you just need a network connection, and an ftp client and server. You can play legally backed-up games by transferring them from your pc to your xbox through ftp (I'll leave it to your imagination how you're going to get them on your pc ;)). Anyhoo, games are much bigger than Linux. Much, MUCH bigger! And it's your choice whether to go for a straight server, or have legal games.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.