X2VGA

Anything that doesn't fit into the other categories goes here - even non-Gentoox related posts can go here! Keep it clean, no flaming!
winterborne
Pro

X2VGA

Post by winterborne »

I've read that the x2vga doesn't work in the resolution the default dashboard outputs :( Does this hold true for other dashboards (I assume it would, but am hoping otherwise) and for homebrew xbox apps, like xpong and dvdx2? Or is its only use linux and new xbox games? Just looking for some clarification before I empty the rest of my wallet.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

x2vga doesn't work in properly 480i mode (which is what the xbox dash uses) instead it has a mode that shows half of the screen (top or bottom) and you can switch between them.

Check out http://www.x2vga.com for more info
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
winterborne
Pro

Post by winterborne »

That I knew. I was just wondering what mode most apps operated in (guessing it's the same [at least for emulators] but ..yea)
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I know the normal xbox DVD player (the one you need a dongle for) runs in 480i
Living in the UK HDTV isn't something I see a lot of
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
Outatime23

Post by Outatime23 »

I'm using the evolution-x dashboard and it shows in 480p with my x2vga. I own a pal xbox, switchted to ntsc to play games in 480p, one can't enable hdtv for games with the pal-setting. When switched to ntsc you have to set the hdtv modes in the original ms-dashboard.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Why must people keep talking about evox... its clearly stated that its against the rules.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo