XFCE toolbar GONE!!!!! HELP

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
georgc
Novice

XFCE toolbar GONE!!!!! HELP

Post by georgc »

I started up XFCE today on my tool bar is gone. I have no clue on how to get it back the way it was. Could someone help me?
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Did you do a hard shutdown while running XFCE? Did you get a popup box with a picture of a bomb in it?
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
lovin it!
Adept

Post by lovin it! »

This is my main reason for asking how to backup my "Home" directory (a month or two ago) and all my saved settings.

About one outve every ten times I boot Gentoox, My XBOX controller dont work (even still). Now I can just hit enter on my awesome new keyboard to open a terminal and reboot, but before I either had to run in the other room and reboot remotely, or just reach over and hit the power button.

Coincidentally, it is easier for me to take my chances in messin something up, and just hit the power button.

If something goes wrong, like the lil XFCE Panel gone (that is really one the only things that I've noticed, besides sluggish running when I power off wrong), I just copy my home settings right back where the belong ( from a folder on my E:\ drive outside of Gentoox)
and all is good again.

run to other puter boot up if not running and connect Via SSH = at the very least five minutes

take my chances just hitting power = 1 minute if nothing breaks, and 15 if something does

to restore my Gentoox takes 15 or less from a DVD :)
lancer3x
Novice

Post by lancer3x »

i noticed too that also with gentooxx after running magic and rebooting i was in xfce then i went tokde but when loading the os it got stuck, i couldn´t do anything so i decided to change the bootlinux.cfg (117kb) for the original one (99kb), everything was fine gain and running kde, then i decided to go back to xfce and again the same problem with the same solution and running xfce with not problem.
georgc
Novice

Post by georgc »

yeah i did do a hard shutdown. but when it came back up it was all fine. It was when i went back into xfce the second time. it was all gone
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

magic fix xfce && magic
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo