Kiss dp500 dvd player

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
dark_star2
Novice

Kiss dp500 dvd player

Post by dark_star2 »

does anyone have a kiss dvd player (dp500), if so what program are you using on thexbox/gentoox, I want to use my modded xbox to act as the server for the Kiss..

With the Kind help I got my xbox and a second 120gb up and running to this point, just need a whats best and of course the noobie guide to installing ,, very simple 1 word for small brains like mine.

thanks in advance

:D
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you need open-dp500 you can get it off sourceforge here
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
dark_star2
Novice

Post by dark_star2 »

hanks once again nobspangle , I copied open-500 over to the root dir on the xbox and changed the config to my dirs, ran and got :

java nl/madline/opendp500/JDP500 (and got)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/madline/opendp500/JDP500

then tried
java -jar open-dp500.jar (and got)

Xbox root# java -jar open-dp500.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)

this is beyond me!!!

I did also try opendp500serv and seemed to get it running but it couldnt see the dirs I created (with your help on another post ) on setting up a 2nd hard drive.
rocketeer
Pro

Post by rocketeer »

dark_star2 wrote: java nl/madline/opendp500/JDP500 (and got)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/madline/opendp500/JDP500
The correct syntax to run the Java class is (providing there is only one jar file and it's spelled correct - and it resides in current directory):

Code: Select all

java -cp open-dp500.jar nl.madline.opendp500.JDP500
dark_star2 wrote: then tried
java -jar open-dp500.jar (and got)

Xbox root# java -jar open-dp500.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:117)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:55)
This exception is usually thrown when the file (opendp-500.jar in this case) cannot be found, or that there is a broken symlink somewhere.
dark_star2
Novice

Post by dark_star2 »

Rocketeer
following your help I managed to get the program running ( i found the open-dp500.jar in the Bin directory and ran the command line from there ,the kiss player sees the program but nothing in it to play.
like dp500serv program it doesnt seem to see my directorys on my second disk.
any ideas?
dark_star2
Novice

Post by dark_star2 »

GOT IT!!!

There is a second config file in the Bin# directory changed that and there it all was.

Could i ask for further help can I make this auto run on reboot of my Xbox?? (Iwill check the forums :? )

Thanks Rocketeer
dark_star2
Novice

Post by dark_star2 »

no didnt get it!!!!!

It sees my dir on my drive but doesnt see sub dir's ie sees /mnt/storage/Music and shows the dir names but not files contained in them (doesnt show the actual mp3's within the folder..
can I use wild cards like *.* or am I still thinking like windows!!!
dark_star2
Novice

Post by dark_star2 »

Finally got it working (took all day :wink: ) I ended up using dp500serv that had probs seeing the /mnt/storage/music it was because of 2 reasons there are spaces before the /mnt/ path in the dp500.conf file and also when i installed the dp500 program it created many .conf files but the important 1 was in the /root dir.
Just thought I would let any other noobies and kiss dvd player what program I used and how I got it working.

At least I am learning :?

does any linux guru's like to tell me how I autorun a ./dp500serv program locted in a sub dir , when i reboot gentoox ?????
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

create a script and stick it in /etc/init.d

#!/sbin/runscript

depend() {
    need 
}

start() {
    ebegin "Starting dp500serv"
    eend $? "Failed to start dp500serv"
}

call it dp500 and chmod it 777 then run "rc-update add dp500 default"
You will also need to put the directory with the .jar file in to your java classpath. Variables go in files in /etc/env.d I think you can just create a file that starts with a two digit number like 05 (pick one higher than the highest one there already and call it something like 05dpserv then edit it with nano and add the line CLASSPATH=/path/to/jar/file

here's some more info on env.d http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/env.d-howto.xml

As a second option I suppose you could just add the lines

cd /path/to/jar/file
To /etc/conf.d/local.start I think either way would work. I'd probably try and get the init.d script to work then when I couldn't I'd stick the lines in local.start
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?