Flash problem...

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
XBOX-alta

Flash problem...

Post by XBOX-alta »

Hellow.... yesterday did i flash 640x480.bin in my xbox and now my xbox didn't start in the tv the lamp are just blinking orange/yellow/red when i try to start my xbox without chip it works.. whats the problem
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

You probably flashed the chip incorrectly.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
Cpasjuste
Linux User

Post by Cpasjuste »

What sort or chip are u using ?
GH0ST

Post by GH0ST »

:roll: I made the same mistake >,< i couldn't get it to boot and too lazy to search for info so i flashed it :shock: and now when i start my xbox i just get an blank screen (no video output to tv [tried thru tv-in too]) and nothing boots...cds... dvds...
Im using an xecuter 2 chip so i can start my xbox without the messed up chip but then i can't run any flash utils! GRRR
Any of you know something how to fix this? (and not the open, shortcircuit, etc method plz)

Thx in advance! :P
trixter
Adept

Post by trixter »

If you have the executer-lite you'll probably have to buy their programing hardware addon to fix it. If you have the executer-pro you can reflash through a parallel cable using the free executer software.
GH0ST

Post by GH0ST »

k thx ill check it out :D
GH0ST

Post by GH0ST »

No flashing program worked anymore, but ozxflash did the trick :D but now i got another problem -.- i get video and sound again but it seems to skip my modchip??? normally when i hold power button for like 2 sec it boots modchip in flash unprotected mode but now it just boots like a normal unmodded xbox? :|
And i live in holland so i can't get my hands on an programmer GRRRR