controller doesn't work anymore

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
immo
Linux User

controller doesn't work anymore

Post by immo »

greetings
i've somehow killed my controller controller. its still working in the dashboard etc, but doesn't work in gentoox (neither X nor console).

joyd is not running anymore and running

Code: Select all

Xbox root # /bin/joyd /etc/joydrc.xbox
gives me an error

Code: Select all

joyd: No such file or directory
although /bin/joyd is present. i noticed that /dev/js0 is not existent (used in /etc/joydrc.xbox).

anyone an idea whats going on or how to fix it?
everything else seems to work.

--
thx
immo
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

you could run "maigc fix kernel22-3 && magic" which will recompile your kernel and the drivers
There may be a quicker and easier way but I'm pretty sure that will work
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

No, just reboot. Sometimes USB doesnt init properly because cromwell doesnt let go of USB.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
immo
Linux User

Post by immo »

thanks so far, but i got some new problems
i just ran magic, which updated my kernel. after a reboot, i'm getting dozens of errors on boot, controller is not working, ppp is not working (eth0 is up tho and ssh works, just the xbox doesn't dial in anymore).

iptables (i used for routing) don't work as well, i'm getting tons of error for my boot script. i've tried putting an older kernel image in place (the original home edition one), without success.

another problem i'm getting (which made me run magic in the first place) is on "emerge anjuta", "gnome-base/gnome-print-0.35-r3" bombs out with an error:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libgnomeprint.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/store2/portage/gnome-print-0.35-r3/work/gnome-print-0.35/libgnomeprint'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/store2/portage/gnome-print-0.35-r3/work/gnome-print-0.35'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/gnome-print-0.35-r3 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 48, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)
thanks for the help,
immo

Update:
magic fix kernel22-4 && magic
did not help, same problem. it can't find almost all of the modules on boot.

joyd gives an error on boot
can't open /dev/input/mice
gelf

same problem

Post by gelf »

I am having the exact same prob as above, installed gentoox which ran beutifully btw the ran magic..... 9 hours later gentoox will boot but i have no contoller... and like the above post it can't find the pakages while booting. cos i got no keyboard yet i have done everything with the controller.. but now i is stuck. I am hoping there will be an easy fix cos i don't really want to start all over again and reistall gentoox.

also jst thought id take the opportunity to same you guy are doing a amazing job, I am compleatly new to linux (pretty obvious huh) but have been able to follow you directions and get everything working well until now. and i am sure it is my lack of knowlege that is a big part of the prob here.
anyway thanks in advance for your help. :)
jledhead
Linux User

Post by jledhead »

I now have this problem. I bought the pelican wireless controllers, they work fine with games, dashboard, everything else. gentoox doesn't like them. So I then tried it with a madcatz controller plugged in, still no good, now neither of them work, no controllers are working at this point.

so I ssh and ran magic and it did the kernel update that was out there and ran all night. I ran xbvset over ssh this morning, reboot, and still no go with the controllers. when I get to the boot loader screen it doesn't let me move. I have also tried with the disc in the drive, but I can't select this disc because the controllers don't work.

so now how do I get the madcatz and the pelican wireless controller working

TIA for any help
lotw
Pro

Post by lotw »

jledhead wrote:I now have this problem. I bought the pelican wireless controllers, they work fine with games, dashboard, everything else. gentoox doesn't like them. So I then tried it with a madcatz controller plugged in, still no good, now neither of them work, no controllers are working at this point.

so I ssh and ran magic and it did the kernel update that was out there and ran all night. I ran xbvset over ssh this morning, reboot, and still no go with the controllers. when I get to the boot loader screen it doesn't let me move. I have also tried with the disc in the drive, but I can't select this disc because the controllers don't work.

so now how do I get the madcatz and the pelican wireless controller working

TIA for any help
Try shutting down the Xbox, unpluging all the controllers, mice, keyboards, etc in the controller ports. Turning on the Xbox and as soon as the Gentoox BIOS start to load Gentoox put everything back in.