Magic f-drive has no effect.

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
kennelbound
Linux User

Magic f-drive has no effect.

Post by kennelbound »

when I run magic f-drive, I see the wget dialog flash up on the screen, finish downloading. Then I am back at the prompt with a clear having been run. I have tried manually downloading the f-drive.b0x file separately and I get the same effect. I have no idea why this wouldn't work, as I am a linux noob.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

if you have less than 3.5GB of space on your F drive the script will fail although it should tell you that you have no space
if it is the first time you have run magic (unlikely) it will exit and prompt you to run it again
If you don't have an F drive (formatted as fatx) I'm not quite sure what it would do
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

A little while back (after i finished re-writing magic), there was a bug in the f-drive/e-drive scripts. Its all fixed now (hey, i think im entitled to having a few bugs after having to totally rewrite the damned thing :P). Sorry for the inconvenience
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
kennelbound
Linux User

Post by kennelbound »

Just ran

Code: Select all

magic f-drive
and it shows the download, then back to the prompt. I don't know what else to do. Magic says nothing else needs to be downloaded
ToeRag
Novice

Post by ToeRag »

kennelbound wrote:Just ran

magic f-drive
and it shows the download, then back to the prompt. I don't know what else to do. Magic says nothing else needs to be downloaded
I've had the same trouble, I did a clean install last week, got focus working fine, then wanted to move to my f-drive -- it downloads everyting fine even reported the file f-drive.xb0x or something like that was saved somewhere... and a bash prompt was returned. I tried more that 4 times with the same result. I have more that 90gigs available on my f-drive.
~ToeRag.
ToeRag
Novice

Post by ToeRag »

ToeRag wrote:
kennelbound wrote:Just ran

magic f-drive
I've had the same trouble, I did a clean install last week, got focus working fine, then wanted to move to my f-drive -- it downloads everyting fine even reported the file f-drive.xb0x or something like that was saved somewhere... and a bash prompt was returned. I tried more that 4 times with the same result. I have more that 90gigs available on my f-drive.
here is the exact problem/result of running magic f-drive / that yields an unsuccessful update:

--15:40:44-- http://gentoox.shallax.com/b0x/f-drive.b0x
=> `f-drive.b0x'
Resolving gentoox.shallax.com... done.
Connecting to gentoox.shallax.com[213.105.221.130]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 5,068 [text/plain]

100%[========================================================================================>] 5,068 6.02K/s ETA 00:00

15:40:46 (6.02 KB/s) - `f-drive.b0x' saved [5068/5068]

root@Xbox gentoox #
~ToeRag.
kennelbound
Linux User

Post by kennelbound »

So now I'm having a new problem. Now it downloads the script, and I get the FATX patch not installed error message. Yet magic available shows that the patch has been downloaded. What gives?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Sorry, that was to do with the recent changes I made to magic, should be fixed now.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo