Reinstalling Gentoox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
icon

Reinstalling Gentoox

Post by icon »

Ok I had nice working GentooX a few days ago and I had a few problems so I thought ok I`ll delete all the files off the E & native F drive and start a fresh....

I have dhcp setup on my network and i can get evox to use a dhcp address. I can ftp to it through evox etc. etc.

But when i come to reinstall off the stardust cd it keeps sitting there at the initializing network the modules and device modes are ok... Ive tried different cables and different bioses even the new gentoox/cromwell one and all the time the same.... This is the method i used first time and i had no problems at all..... Its driving me up the wall and it has to be something stupid I have done. Im running Gentoox Home 3.0c

Im running a 1.3 xbox with an xecutor lite 2.3b, 160 gig hd split with F & G drive Xecutor 4979.67 booting evox from F......
icon

Post by icon »

After trying all different combinations of things I think I found a work around...

Was using the ip address range 192.168.0.x for my local network with dhcp server etc...

Last ditch attempt i unrar`d the distro and ftp`d it accross I know that isnt the way to do it but it got me running again on the falisafe address 192.168.1.13.

I changed my local address on my pc to the failsafe range 192.168.1.x tried booting from the cd again and hey presto it worked fine.... grabbed a dhcp address no problem its happily reinstalling again :D

Can anyone else verify this is correct or is it just something that is screwed on my local network preventing it from picking up a 192.168.0.x address when installing only

Need to retest normal operation on my 192.168.0.x address range i think it will be fine then....