KDE Newbie Help

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
x_Ravin

KDE Newbie Help

Post by x_Ravin »

Hi all. I've just recently started to get into Linux. I'm now using it on my laptop, main comp. and the xbox. After I ran magic and got the new kernal and new version of xfce(?), It will only boot into xfree. I'm a big KDE person myself so I tried to get KDM to run so I could select my desktop. No luck. I can get KDM up (Using the local.start file) but It only has XSession in the box, I know I have KDE installed I checked the folder. SOO here's what I need, Either a display manager with the KDE option or for just KDE to boot-up with the Xbox like it does when you first install Gentoox. Thank you big time in advance, and three cheers for Shallax's great port of Linux :)
GamE
Novice

Post by GamE »

just type tokde
x_Ravin

Post by x_Ravin »

So your telin me after all my housr of screwin around alls I had to do was type in tokde????????????????????????????????????

Thanks it worked fine. :)
GamE
Novice

Post by GamE »

yep :)
GamE
Novice

Post by GamE »

yep :)
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

rtfm springs to mind
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
lovin it!
Adept

Post by lovin it! »

why would you want to use KDE over Xfce?

Shalax recomends Xfce.
Xfce runs quicker,cleaner...and easier on the eyes.
BigFisher
Linux User

Post by BigFisher »

Why KDE?, you ask. It looks better. It´s slow as h*ll but as I said, it looks great. No need to reply, just me thinking loud :D
- Bubble oOoOoOo Trubble -