How will installing Home 2.1 affect my current installation?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
MountainSlide
Linux User

How will installing Home 2.1 affect my current installation?

Post by MountainSlide »

Hi ShALLaX,

How will installing Gentoox Home Edition v2.1 affect my current installation of v2.0? Does it completely replace or destroy it? :x I have a modded Xbox and plan to ftp via network. (I searched the website and couldn't find this discussed anywhere.)

I am happy with my current installation as I have made several changes and don't really want to have to do them again!

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks again, ShALLaX for such a great distro.
Ron
del33ted_g33k
Novice

Post by del33ted_g33k »

yes it completly replaces it
Scocou
Novice

Post by Scocou »

I am happy with my current installation as I have made several changes and don't really want to have to do them again!
There is no reason to replace a Gentoo installation if it's working well, IMHO. As long as you keep it sync'd and updated a Gentoo system is always the current version. That said, I supppose Shallax may have made some crucial Xbox-ish changes via Gentoox, so I can't say for sure... If necessary to dump your install, simply save any configs vital to the personality of your system, i.e. all of /etc, /home or /whatever/else, then pick through them after your upgrade ;)