Gentoox is Great! but...

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
lovin it!
Adept

Gentoox is Great! but...

Post by lovin it! »

please help me...I have searched...but with limited capabilities...im on a junk computer...

I just recently installed gentoox and it seems to run great...but I cant figure out exactly what or where magic is(and want it),cant login other than gentoox user(by default it autologs in,and I dont have a keyboard yet)...
but most importantly,I could figure things out,and experiment with many installations :) if I could see what was on my screen without having to use peeper for every line of text..
im a super noob with a lil pc(windows) skills,please help me fix my screen problem,ive been to tutorials section here,and didnt understand it fully(or halfly for that matter lol)
is there a more"userfriendly" tutorial for "dumb" users like me.
like i said...I could do alot more to figure it out on my own...if I could see it better...

thx for gentoox,
and thx in advance for any help
( links please :)
roadrash
Pro

Post by roadrash »

"Magic" is a automatic patch system. You simply open up a Konsole (terminal) window and type the command "magic".

It will launch the auto updater and ask you some questions regarding what you want to install.
lovin it!
Adept

Post by lovin it! »

thank you very much.

Magic wouldnt work when I opened up in the first Konsole,(couldnt sign in root) but when I went into the more programs list and pulled up the other Console(spelled accordingly) it brought up the root terminal window by default,then magic ran.

whats the difference between Konsole and console, Im assuming the K is for KDE???