Gentoox IP address different from EvoX

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
MountainSlide
Linux User

Gentoox IP address different from EvoX

Post by MountainSlide »

Hi all,

Lately I've noticed that the DHCP assigned IP address is different in Gentoox from the one reported by EvoX on bootup. Why is this?

I'm not sure but I don't think this has always been the case. Before I could ssh into Gentoox without problem but now I'm not able to do so. I have to watch Gentoox start up so I can see the IP address it reports.

Any ideas?
Ron
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

EvoX and Gentoox use different hostnames so your router may assign a different IP. Im assuming youre using home v2.1, which now has a different hostname to previous versions of Gentoox - this will also make your router assign a new IP to it. You could try resetting your router.
Scocou
Novice

Post by Scocou »

use different hostnames so your router may assign a different IP
I think I could back you up here by mentioning my $.02 worth... My ISP assigns an IP by MAC (ignores hostname), and it remains the same for Evox and Gentoox. Hence I would agree it seems to be related to hostname. Out of curiousity, can you even specify the hostname in Evox?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

No, i dont think you can tell evox what to use... its probably hardcoded