VNC pblm

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
faisalkm
Novice

VNC pblm

Post by faisalkm »

Hello

I did the magic patch for vnc. The problem is now I don't have VNC in my startup. I guess it's missing from /etc/init.d. What do I need to do? or am I toooooooooooo stupid?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Youre not meant to see it at start up, it deletes the old scripts. All you do is start Xfree, then connect to http://xbox_ip:5800, or in vncviewer xbox_ip:0. Read the instructions :\
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
faisalkm
Novice

Post by faisalkm »

Hi

My vnc is started by default. But I can't connect to it...I need to restart vncctl. Then I am able to connect to it. But it works just like the old one. No effect on the tv. May be I still have the old script?
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

have you made a note of the fact that the IP address and display number have changed.
For the java viewer the port is now 5800. For the standard client/server version the port is 5900 or display 0 (which is the default).
If you connect in your web browser type http://xbox_ip:5800 for the address. If you connect with a vnc viewer program just type xbox_ip for the address.
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
faisalkm
Novice

Post by faisalkm »

I tried ...it's not working...
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Heh, read about 2 posts up nobspangle, i already said that :P
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

I know you already said that but most people tend to ignore parts they think they already know the answer to and read other parts that's why I said "have you made a note of" like "check back at what Shallax had written and make sure you read it right."
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
faisalkm
Novice

Post by faisalkm »

Thanks it works now....an it proves that I am careless in reading responses lol:-)[/list]