Help w/ setting up mythtv frontend

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
lingenfr

Help w/ setting up mythtv frontend

Post by lingenfr »

Help. Please. I have been at this for a couple of weeks with no joy. I have no experience with Gentoo and am finding it hard. I successfully installed Gentoox Home 7.1 on my hardmodded xbox (Xecuter 3E). I ran magic. My goal is to setup a mythtv frontend. No more, no less. I was pretty disappointed that there was no howto as I would think this would be common, but oh well. I look at the official Gentoo guide. It is either incomplete or poorly done, so I tried to use the MythTV guide on the Gentoo wiki . I was able to complete all of the steps with the exception of:

emerge -uDNav world

which would not complete. I continued on. As this is a frontend and lowend hardware I skipped the ivtv and vpau portions. I tried their suggested emerge with mythtv and some plugins. After a day or so it failed. I tried a couple of times. So, I tried just:

emerge -av media-tv/mythtv

It runs for about a day and then fails. I tried it several times. No joy. I thought I might speed up the process by setting up a cross compiler. I found the information on distcc and tried to install it per the Official Gentoo guide . Again, no joy. The emerge failed. I got my Ubuntu boxes set up with distcc in about 10 minutes (for all three).

I really need some help. All I want to do is get mythtv frontend installed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Last edited by lingenfr on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.