nvxbox Problem

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Wrostek

nvxbox Problem

Post by Wrostek »

Hi,
I installed pro 5.1, and emerged something that required x as a dependency. It installed xorg-x11-7.2 and xorg-server-1.5.3-r5. After the emerge was completed, I ran magic and attempted to install xfce4. When I run startxfce4, at the point where it loads nvxbox_drv.so, it gives the error

dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//nvxbox_drv.so: undefined symbol: xf86errno .

I believe the reason for this is that nvxbox_drv.so ( which I believe is a pre-compiled binary from the magic repository 553091 bytes ) is for an earlier version of xorg-server. I have been trying to find out what version of xorg-server I should have installed to get it to work, is it xorg-server-1.4 or something even earlier?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!
Wrostek

Re: nvxbox Problem

Post by Wrostek »

Excellent, I ended up downloading the home 7.1 cd, just to mount the file system and check out the version of xorg-server Shallax is using.
It was xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r6. So to all those Pro 5.1 users like me, that run magic and expect to be able to emerge xserver, you must add the line

>=x11-base/xorg-server-1.4.2

to /etc/portage/package.mask before doing so, to ensure that the xserver will run with the provided nxbox_drv.so . Amazing, so X is working, I managed to get mythtv-0.21 emerged, and im trying to get it running as a front end, but im having big video problems. Anyone know if its possible to get xbox to decode xvmc? Or what decoder is the best suited to xbox?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Re: nvxbox Problem

Post by ShALLaX »

Weird, I'd had no nvxbox driver issues with Pro. Well done for sorting it out, though!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo