Suitable Console Font for GentooX

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
mutew

Suitable Console Font for GentooX

Post by mutew »

I have succesfully managed to get GentooX up and running on my V1.1 XBOX system using a drive E install system. Setting the screen resolution to 640x480 seems to work just fine on my 21" Television connected through Composite cables but the console font seems to be a tad small. I tried updating the console font in /etc/conf.d/consolefonts to lat4a-19 which has helped matters to some extent but I would like to try a bigger font. Using sun20x22 takes up too much screen-space and so I'd prefer something in the size 20 range. Has anyone had any luck with other console fonts / do you know of any online repositories where I may find downloadable fonts?

On another note, I prefer using Vim as my text editor, though GentooX doesn't bundle it in the default installation. I am not familiar with the install system in GentooX (I use Slackware / Ubuntu on my desktops) but would like to install Vim on the system. Please note that the XBOX is not connected to the internet, I will have to download a package and install it. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
mutew

Re: Suitable Console Font for GentooX

Post by mutew »

I downloaded and installed the "Terminus" font. At size 20 it seems to be perfect for the TV screen.