Deluge (bittorrent client) & Gentoox

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Post Reply
nipchee
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:17 pm

Deluge (bittorrent client) & Gentoox

Post by nipchee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:59 pm

Anyone out there with Gentoox on their xbox that has successfully installed AND operated Deluge?

I've been trying to emerge deluge-0.5.5 with no luck... keeps stalling on compiling python.

If you've successfully installed Deluge on a gentoox xbox, I'd like to know how you did it. The more detail, the better (e.g., don't just say "run emerge," tell me precisely what you typed at the command line, whether you had to edit any config files to get it to work and how, precisely, you edited them).

I had trouble with keyword masking, too... and I wasn't sure whether to use the portage file in the gentoox repo or whether to use the ebuild file from the deluge website. If you could also let me know precisely how you got around the keyword mask (e.g. "~x86"), that would be helpful too. Please don't refer me to a general man page on keyword masking; trust me, I read it, followed it, and it worked (sort of). But the gap between general info and direct application can be broad, indeed, and I'd greatly appreciate any insight.

nipchee
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:17 pm

Compiling boost

Post by nipchee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:48 pm

So... I tried emerging deluge again. Emerge said that an older version of boost was blocking the installation of a newer version of boost that deluge is dependent on.

Tried to --unmerge old version of boost, only to be told that it couldn't be found.

So, I am trying to emerge the old ver of boost... it's been compiling for over 18 hours.

Is there a way to speed up compiling on my trusty old gentoox xbox?

nipchee
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by nipchee » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:31 pm

After 20 hours, boost finished emerging. So, I ran "emerge --pretend net-p2p/deluge-9999" and viola! the blocking problem disappeared.

So I dropped the --pretend flag... deluge has been emerging for about 8 hours now. For much of the time, the loadled has been flashing rxrx (uber high load). I imagine that I'll have to wait a VERY long time before it finishes compiling and I get to see if it worked (*fingers crossed*).

UPDATE: No love on the compiling... it remained stuck on the same point in the compiling process for over 24 hours. I decided to say "screw it" and I installed the bittorrent client, "Transmission."

I will be writing up a topic about my Transmission experience shortly... in short, I highly recommend it if you're looking for a lightweight and fast GUI bittorrent client.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests