I2C Problems

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
IAmACarpetLicker

I2C Problems

Post by IAmACarpetLicker »

Hey,
Sorry to have to post here but I cant find anywhere else.

Ok, I'm using FC6 and the I2C is located at /dev/i2c-0 not /dev/i2c/0. The precompiled tools wont work with this, and it wont let me compile them my self to fix the problem because it says...
Making bin directory... [ ok ]
Compiling ./src/fan.c -> ./bin/fanctl... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/fan.c:25:
./src/xboxi2c.h:34:61: error: xboxi2c-id.h: No such file or directory
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/temp.c -> ./bin/xboxtemp... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/temp.c:22:
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/testi2c.c -> ./bin/testi2c... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/testi2c.c:22:
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/eject.c -> ./bin/eject_xbox... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/eject.c:26:
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/led.c -> ./bin/led... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/led.c:23:
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/video.c -> ./bin/video... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/video.c:24:
[ !! ]
Compiling ./src/loadmonitor.c -> ./bin/loadmonitor... In file included from ./src/i2c-dev.h:29,
from ./src/loadmonitor.c:23:
[ !! ]

All done (Errors: 7)
Can anyone give me some help please??

Thanks lots,
Sam.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Try getting eds_i2c_staff[sic] from the xbox linux CVS. That may contain it, though I'm fairly sure thats part of the kernel patches.

Instead, you could try the statically compiled binaries after configuring your /dev to have both device nodes. I thought I'd made it check for both. Oh well!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
IAmACarpetLicker

Fix it now.

Post by IAmACarpetLicker »

Hey Shallax,
Thanks for the reply, I finally fix the problem in the end by adding a line to one of the startup scripts saying hard link /dev/i2c-0 to /dev/i2c/0 and it seems to have worked for me.

And it was only fanctl that worked with both I think, none of the others seemed to.

Thanks again,
Sam.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Doh! I've updated the static binaries to use both paths now (and the source should now compile... it compiles fine on my Mac Mini). I'd be extremely grateful if you could test it out for me :)
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo