Gentoox Install Script

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
vapor0

Gentoox Install Script

Post by vapor0 »

Hi,

I've searched all night, and tried different things, but I can't find any current information that would solve my problem.

What I would like to do is change the Gentoox install script so that it decompresses distro.rar into a single folder, like Xebian does. (I know that brings up other issues with the kernel not booting, but there's plenty of tutorials about that.)

How can I edit the install script?
vapor0

Please read

Post by vapor0 »

I've read what it says in the forums about the /etc/gentooxinstaller script, but those are from 2004, and since I can't find it in the rootfs file on the cd, I was wondering if that was still up to date.

If not, could someone please tell me where it is?

I've read the instructions about pointing linuxrc to the new file locations, so all I want to do is change the paths in the install script, which should be fairly easy if I can access it.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

You could just move it to E:/Xebian yourself... I forget if Gentoox loader will even bother looking in there.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
vapor0

Post by vapor0 »

I know. But I would like to make it easy for others to use. I'm basically making my own distribution (similar to elive), but I'd like to use your installer.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

The installer isnt in rootfs, its in initrd.gz
vapor0

Post by vapor0 »

Thanks, ShALLaX.

I found it. :lol:

Now, how to change it? I've given it a look-through, and I don't think I want to mess with the installto or installdevice variables. Is there an easy way to change the default paths for the files, so that they unrar into a folder on E? And do I need to change the linuxboot.cfg part of the script?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I guess just make it copy the rootfs to /mnt/fatx/e/newpath
cd /mnt/fatx/e/newpath
and unrar from there.