Pro installation Problem

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
ManReal
Novice

Pro installation Problem

Post by ManReal »

I'm doing an ftp install with Pro and where I want to have my evox dashboard with Linux. Not Native install.

The problem I'm having is that when I boot "gentooxx.xbe" everything happens normally, but then when I boot the FATX option and run "gentoox" all this writting comes to the screen and it gets to the point where it looks like the following:
----------------
Welcome to gentoox Pro v1.1 - ported to the Xbox by SHALLaX

Check out http://gentoox.shallaz.com for the latest news and HOWTO's

your network settings are as follows:
eth0:
inet addr:192.168.1.103 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0

Pro login:

---------------

Like why on earth am I getting this? I'm using ssh to my xbox and I don't know what to do next. Like its asking me to login before the install? Why is it doing this? What would you recomend I do?

ANY HELP is much appreciated.
Timmo
Novice

Post by Timmo »

This sounds as if you have installed it correctly to me. As you are doing a pro install you will not have a window manager installed as standard so it has booted to the point of logging into you install. You now need to either attach a usb keyboard or ssh into you gentoox installation to install any software you wish to use. If you are not happy doing this I would swich to using the home edition as there is software install already to get you upto a window manager.
I wrote this!
ManReal
Novice

Post by ManReal »

Thank you. I'm glad to find out everythings normal. I guess I just use magic now :wink: