Installation of Gentoox pro stuck at 34%

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
havok1977
Linux User

Installation of Gentoox pro stuck at 34%

Post by havok1977 »

Hi everyone, i am having trouble installing Gentoox on my converted Xbox, up until two days ago i was running the Pro version in a 200 Gig Hard Drive in this hardware and since i ran out of space i bought a brand new Seagate 500G.

I have already prepared the Hard drive with the Xbox partition table and the regular files in C: and E: but when i try to do a native install of the 4.1 Pro distribution it always fails at 34% when decompressing the system files and the ssh connection breaks. F: is reported to be correctly formatted by the installer and I should mention that this particular Xbox is already BIOS flashed with the Gentoox loader and from there i launch the install CD.

I have repartitioned the HD a couple of times and the same thing happens with three different burned CDs, i dont know what could be causing this, perhaps a HD upper size limit issue?

Help will be appreciated.
havok1977
Linux User

Post by havok1977 »

I have decided to work around this, and install Gentoox to E:, and it works; i wonder why the native installation gets stuck....

I am migrating from E: to native using Resctoox as I type this, hope it doesnt take too long....
havok1977
Linux User

Post by havok1977 »

Now the rootfs copy seems to have hanged when migrating to native, i will attempt to copy manually the remaining files.
havok1977
Linux User

Post by havok1977 »

Ok, here is the problem:

Resctoox:> cp -a usr/ /mnt/native/
cp: Read error: Input/output error
cp: Write Error: Cannot allocate memory

Weird.... maybe /usr is too much for the HDs buffer? Ill try by subfolder...