fan speed up, flashing orange LED then power off

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
paultman

fan speed up, flashing orange LED then power off

Post by paultman »

Ok, i've searched a ton but can't find the answer for this problem.
To set the stage, i've installed gentoox many times in the past, usually natively.
This time i'm doing the native g: install w/ softmod and i'm all setup nkpatcher, custom g start, etc. but before that i have to boot from a non-native e: install.
The only problem is that although I can boot up with the softmod and get to my evox dash, once I select gentoox I get the behavior as I stated in the title.
I thought, oh well it must be something in my softmod config, so i switched my modchip on, booted to evox, selected gentoox, "E:\gentooxx.xbe" and still same, unable to boot with orange led and powerdown.
Then I thought, ok, maybe my files were corrupted, so i reinstalled to E via the gentoox cd and still same.
Though if I boot from my gentoox/cromwell bio i'm fine, or if I boot from the gentoox cd, i'm fine, both boot linux perfect.
I don't understand why i can't boot from the dashboard (softmod or modchip). I swear before I did the softmod configuration I could boot from dashboard (though it was a while ago).

Any help? Thanks a ton guys,
-Paul

P.S. to add more info: xbox 1.0 (bought the first morning they went on sale), 128meg ram, 40gig notebook drive (5400 hitachi), x2 5035/m8/cromwell bios, font exploit softmod (only to get custom gentoox g: install)....

problem in a nutshell, boot from modchip, select gentoox (e:\gentooxx.ebe) from dash, doesn't boot (fan speedup, orange blinking led, xbox poweroff).