can't ssh wow this is annoying

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
lateralus
Novice

can't ssh wow this is annoying

Post by lateralus »

first my terminal wont open so i ask how to get it open and i get a reply saying that i have to re emerge xtern well i cant do that without the terminal so i ask how to do it without the terminal i get a reply saying i have to ssh into my xbox but i cant do that because unlike the pro editions i have a graphical interface that boots up so it doesn't just hang there showing my ip waiting for me to ssh. if i try i don't get a response. so i will ask this question again HOW DO I GET MY TERMINAL WORKING/HOW DO I EMERGE XTERN WITHOUT THE TERMINAL/HOW DO I SSH WITH GENTOOX HOME EDITION!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
s717ch3s
Linux User

Post by s717ch3s »

if the box is on your local network, and you have dhcp setup, then it will automatically get an ip address (check your routers dhcp table).

if you have no active dhcp server, the address will be 192.168.1.13. ssh into that.

get putty (google it) to ssh with.

and maybe, try reading the manual ???
http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... &artid=100
no animals were harmed in sending this message, although trillions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced...
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Maybe try calming down too. You could also try running something like "konsole" instead of "xterm".
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo