Best Xbox Mobo 1.1 / 1.4? For Linux/modchips

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
cm_uk

Best Xbox Mobo 1.1 / 1.4? For Linux/modchips

Post by cm_uk »

hi i currently have a gay 1.6 and i can get a mint 1.4 or a mint 1.1 motherboard and i can get the psu aswell so which would be better to get? the 1.4 because its newer so less aged or? because i DONT want overscan and i want a linux box thats viewable lol.also would anyone buy my 1.6 mobo and psu ive had xbox bout 3months if that... i also have a crystal xbox with scratches ontop of the case would anyone be interested its also 1.6...
cheers for any help oh and btw i have a X3CE chip so will be getting a solderless adapter to fit as i have the 1.6 adaptor at the moment but will need to change it for the 1.4 / 1.1 so yeah which one should i go for and is 32quid and 15quid for a psu too much should i scout for a full box?anyone sell a 1.4 box?oh and will the rest of my 1.6 parts work with the 1.4 and will the case fit:S cause ive heard otherwise... also they are not providing the hard drive how can i use mine on it because the keys will be different?
cheers :oops:
~ XBOX V1.6 ~ Xecuter3CE ~ Slayers 2.6 Final With EvoX ~ GentooX Home 4.0 ~ 256k EvoX Flash in bank 1/2/3/4=ON 5=OFF ~
satur9

Get the 1.1

Post by satur9 »

I'd get the 1.1. The TSOP is 1Mb so you can easily split it 2 or 4 ways and forget all about a modchip.