problems reinstalling

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
cyros

problems reinstalling

Post by cyros »

hey guys i originally had gentoox home 2.0 installed had a few problems with it so i figured id go for an update formatted that baby and booted stardust. now one thing i noticed when i downloaded home 4.0 i tried unrar'd it was a giving me a crc error, i unrar'd anyways iso looked fine burnt it, booted went through the install up to the part about flashing bios. so i figured lets use the new loader cause i was running 4.0 on the loader.
failed at flashing so i thought maybe i chose the wrong size for the TSOP i have a 1.0 hynix bios so i know it was 1024k.

So i thought something went wrong with the soldering to make the TSOP writable, i rechecked, resoldered it and checked with a multimeter, looks good to go.went through the install without flashing go all the way to the end no good even tried doing a FTP install from resctoox and no good..the 4.0 loader wouldnt let me select the HD to boot from only sparkle and stardust cd.

so now i thought it was the loader, so try booting resctoox to flash the bios from there said something about not finding raincoat but still said it flashed it anyways...

now the question is will the 4.0 loader boot gentoox home 4.0 ??

what else should i try?

thanks for reading :)
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

crc error = bad download or bad burn
R0Bzombie
Novice

Post by R0Bzombie »

I have the same error when I try to unrar it
My linux only Xbox:
V1.0
CheapMod
160gig hdd
128mb Ram
R0Bzombie
Novice

Post by R0Bzombie »

I finally found the error, when I checked the md5 with the file I downloaded, it was not good. So I deceided to download it again from another mirror and then the checksum was good.

So if you have this problem, try another mirror
My linux only Xbox:
V1.0
CheapMod
160gig hdd
128mb Ram