Apache IP address

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
astronauteddie

Apache IP address

Post by astronauteddie »

So I have read at places setting up virtual servers and stuff, but where is the server located from the xbox. So like i have a router with DHCP and it autos the xbox to 192.168.1.104, is that the apache server ip address as well? Also in the tutorial it says, rename the "ServerName localhost" to "ServerName whatever" "whatever" being the desired host, I assumed. If anyone can help me just access it from my local network or the internet, I have domains and know where to go from there. Sorry just a noob used to server GUIs' :(
ximmortalx
Linux User

Post by ximmortalx »

You can veiw your apache server on your internal network by entering the ip your DHCP server on your router gives it. (For instance, mine is 192.168.2.4 on my internal network, but if you want to veiw it at a friends house or somthing, you have to either enter the external ip(google whats my ip), or go to a site like no-ip.org and register your ip for a hostname. Like mine is ximmortalx.no-ip.org)

Hope that helps, if it doesnt please post back 8)
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

setup static ip in gentoox

port forward on your router to forward traffic from port 80 to your xbox

use your external IP address (found in your router) and you can connect to your web server outside your house