ps/2 USB adapter- can it work?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
jukebox

ps/2 USB adapter- can it work?

Post by jukebox »

ok, i am using a ps/2 to USB adapter to connect my keyboard that is obviously a ps/2 to a USB female side connector that is then connected to the fourth port of my xbox as directed in this tutorial-

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/usb-port.php

I connected my controller to the fourth just to make sure it works out fine and put in halo and it worked fine! But when i try to use it with gentoox, the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock all repeatedly blink together and i can not type from it! Also, i get this error message when i initially installed gentoox ( at the ver end of the installation) "Error 110, can not assign USB connector Address" or something along those lines.

my keyboards are a dell and ibm and the dell's model # is sk-8100 while i don't know the IBM's.

Any help would be appreciated!
jukebox

Post by jukebox »

well, it seems that someone had a question about this earlier..... here it is.....viewtopic.php?t=2972&highlight=keyboard

i'll go out and buy a usb keyboard and i'll repsond back later for the end result