Help! Xbox dead after switching HDTV option

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
kopibean
Adept

Help! Xbox dead after switching HDTV option

Post by kopibean »

Hi, Need help urgently!

My xbox is dead after I switch it to HDTV using xbvset. This is what I have done:

1. Boot up Gentoox - ok
2. Login using VNC - ok
3. Open up a terminal and su
4. Use xbvset to set the display to HDTV mode (I have just bought a HDTV but the xbox is still without component cable, I am using the normal composite cable)
5. Reboot Gentoox - this time it showed until the bootloader and then the screen turn blank, the xbox status light is flashing "GREEEN" continuously.
6. I tried to SSH into the box, but apparently xbox is not booted correctly as I cant even PING the xbox ip. So SSH don't work.

How else can I revive my xbox?? Anyone can help? Thanks
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

in the loader screen you have option to fix your screen. If you can get there...
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Can someone please guide him though the Gentoox Loader screen as if he was blind. I suggest starting off by hitting right about 10 times so you know you're on the "Advanced" option. Then press 'A'... {insert the rest of the instructions here}.

I'd do it myself, but I dont have an Xbox set up anymore (other than the server).
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo