HD Issues w/ GentooX

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
dELuX

HD Issues w/ GentooX

Post by dELuX »

I recently installed GentooX onto my xbox. I have a Conexant video chip. I also have a Hitachi 50" HDTV so I wish to utilize the 720p option. I selected HDTV and then 720p in the installation.

Here are the problems I run into. If any of the HD modes are enabled in MS Dashboard, I get the black screen followed by blinking orange lights, fan speedup, and then shut down.

If I have the modes disabled GentooX loads up fine but it is zoomed in too much and now i set something wrong and I can't see anything because I apparently chose an unsupported resolution. =/

What is the way around this. I've asked around and nobody has been able to help, I would at least like to find a solution to one of the problems. If I could avoid having to switch my settings in MSDash around each time that would be awesome.

Please help!
dELuX

Post by dELuX »

UPDATE: I figured out that I can load it with XBMC, so now I don't have to change my MS Dashboard settings back and forth. All I need to know now is how to get it to fit my screen correctly. And also I still can't see anything because I changed the resolution in GentooX.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

ssh in and run "xbvset"