Gentoox and Linux on CarPC

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
chrisb
Novice

Gentoox and Linux on CarPC

Post by chrisb »

Hi all..

Im trying to make a Xbox that runs normal Xbox on the first 10GB of my 300GB HD and the I want to install Gentoox on the last 290GB

Where do I start the partiotion table for the swap?

Im using Cheesypoofs 100% Native install guide.. Or is that bad?

And allso, should I use Gentoox Media Center instead?

My goal is to have a fully working Xbox for playing Xbox games, and have a Linux to run a Media Center to play audio and movies, and allso GPS..
Maybe going to use MythTV for Media center interface..
// ChrisB

Xboxes??? Gone Mac and gadget freak...
new Cellphone every month...
DancingTofu
Linux User

Post by DancingTofu »

Yes, using the fully native guide is a bad thing for you. It renders the entire hard disk usless for playing xbox games. You need to format your hard disk to normal C, E, and F (no G) using normal methods that are covered at http://www.xbox-scene.com in the tutorials section. Then just perform an Native F installation and voila! 8-10 GB for xbox, 290-292 for Linux.
1.4 Xbox
Xecuter 3.0 Modchip with Gentoox BIOS
40 GB HDD Full Native

The search tool is your best friend! :D
cheesyboofs
Power user

Post by cheesyboofs »

**Warning: if you follow this tutorial you will end up with a very good inexpensive file ‘server’ you will there for NOT be able to play ANY Xbox games, dashes or anything remotely hookie, not only that it will take a certain amount of work to put it all back. This is purely for people with to much time, money and usually more than one Xbox (I now have three!)**
Go fully native, it's the destiny of all Mk1 XboxesImage
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one ...
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

i donno about a car pc, atleast where i live, i would get to where i need to go before the system has booted into an X interface, i suppose if you drive long distances it works

/shrug