FGLRX error??

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
popoe435

FGLRX error??

Post by popoe435 »

I installed GentooX just fine and I have to say it's pretty dang sweet! So I tried to install UT2004 Linux demo on there. That install went ok too. I executed the program, it went to a terminal window, then it loaded the the splash screen (the pic of UT2004 pregame thing). But it woudn't load the game. It said something like "fglrx error" and possibly something about drivers. The only thing I know what fglrx would stand for would be FireGL, but I though ATI made that, which wouldn't make sense with the Nvidia card and all. Do I need to download drivers for this or what? I'm stumped! Thanks for any help!
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
popoe435

Post by popoe435 »

thanks for the links but they didn't really all that much. but now I am getting a different error that says "missing GLX". so is this something you have to change in the xorg.conf file? I noticed that there is a xorg.conf file but it says "xorg.conf.example", is this what the system uses which is not a complete version of the real thing or is there a real one of these somewhere?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

the best you will get is software rendering, sofar there is no 3d accelleration on the xbox with Linux
cheesyboofs
Power user

Post by cheesyboofs »

I would drop this idea if I where you, the Xbox was designed to run games written for the Xbox and to run off a DVD, anything else is just a bonus. Even if you where to get it running, it would run like a pig.
Go fully native, it's the destiny of all Mk1 XboxesImage
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one ...