Want to move Gentoox from my E: to F:

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
onyxbird

Want to move Gentoox from my E: to F:

Post by onyxbird »

Okay this is not a native install. I have Gentoox running on the E: partition, and it works good. However, I'm thinking I don't want to load up my E: partition! I would like if possible install/move rootfs to the F: partition where I have 189 gigs so I wouldn't mind if 4 gigs are taken up there. So, I was wondering can I use "magic" to move the install from E: to F:. Or do I have have to use Logic Volume manager ( LVM )?!? If there is tut on this then point me in that direction. Oh and I installed thru FTP I couldn't get any of the ISO's I downloaded and burned with Nero no matter what speed or Track/disc at once didn't work for me. Please advise.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

just read the manual... and look for what you just asked. You will find the answer. The manual, is under Manual sectoin on the Gentoox site

hope that helps,
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
onyxbird

Post by onyxbird »

Read the manual, and found out the follow:

1.0 - Installation tips

None of this section applies for 'native' installs. Do not attempt to run these commands if
you have selected 'native' or you may damage your filesystem!

If you later want to switch which partition Gentoox is installed to, you can do this with
Resctoox.
Should you find yourself running out of space for Linux, you can either follow the
online tutorial on resizing your rootfs, or you can run the following command
to add more partitions (100-4000MB and as many as you can fit on F:)

magic newfs

Now i have to use Resctoox but the thing is my XB is a softmod and I can't boot these iso's. Can I extract the iso's and make a xiso and try to install or Resctoox with that? Please advice.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

do a search you should be able to copy resctoox into your xbox and add an option to your gentoox startup options.

I think the steps were put by shallax .. If I do a search and find it I will post it back here.

took me 2 seconds to search it out...
viewtopic.php?t=2571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2