Problem installing Gentoo (not Gentoox)

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Trevante
Power user

Problem installing Gentoo (not Gentoox)

Post by Trevante »

I've been following the instructions on installing Gentoo on the Xbox from here and everything was going fine until I tried to load it with cromwell, I got a a Grub error 15. After searching around, I found out that error 15 means it's unable to find the kernel.

I'm pretty sure I have the kernel in the right location (/boot right?) and it's named properly (bzImage) and the linuxboot.cfg is set to look for boot/linuxboot.cfg. This should work according to the instructions on that site, and I had it running like this a while ago on my stock HDD when I was softmodded, although that shouldn't make a difference.

Can anyone help me here?
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

well nevermind the kernel issue, I got it loading now. Turns out that in the linuboot.cfg, it should just be "kernel bzImage" not "kernel boot/bzImage".

However, now I have a new problem. Everything loads up fine, but then none of my USB devices work. I received a patch from a member of the XS forums for the 2.4.29 kernel (which is what I'm running), but I don't know how to apply it. :oops: It's a .patch file. How do I go about applying it?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

man patch