tutorial 4 newb linux (gentoox) ?

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Marsnl

tutorial 4 newb linux (gentoox) ?

Post by Marsnl »

hi guys

I just succesfully installed gentoox on my xbox ( tnx 4 tutorials) :)
Now I want some guides about how 2 work with linux (gentoox). I searched 4 it but I dunno if the linux version is important or has a big difference. tnx anyway

cheers Mars

p.s excuse me 4 my crappy englisch :oops:
Scocou
Novice

Post by Scocou »

If you're searching for general Linux tutorials your first stop has to be the Linux Documentation Project, for obvious reasons. At the least check out what they have, it's quite a repository. If you want other Gentoo or Linux related docs that don't deal specifically with Xbox, you're probably not going to beat the Gentoo website's documentation pages. They are known for their good documentation and superb user forums. If you want to learn anything about Gentoox, from classic Unix skills or Bash commands to desktop application proficiency, either of these two places are a perfect start. I might also add that you're learning with a good disro, with Gentoo that is. It's fully an advanced Gnu/Linunx Distro, but newbie friendly as well because it's just so clean and well-built. Additionally, one of the biggest advantages of learning *nix from Gentoox specifically is that when (not if ;) ) you bork your system you can, trivially, restore it the same way you installed it. I learned so much from runnung *nix's under VMware for the same reason - you can be more ballsy with your system, without the pain of disk-dumping |'d through bzip2 to make a backup (yawn). Just back up your custom configs and you can't lose, really. Good luck, have fun, use Gentoo(x)!
p.s excuse me 4 my crappy englisch
your English if fine, easy to understand :)
Last edited by Scocou on Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marsnl

Post by Marsnl »

ok tnx 4 the very explained answer :D

I guess I got something 2 do when I look at all that tutorial stuff :P

tnx