Can i FTP it to F:, because E: is to small

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
ango1708

Can i FTP it to F:, because E: is to small

Post by ango1708 »

hi,
Can i FTP it to F:, because E: is to small for the files(new gentoox).??
will it work fine in F: to..?

Ango1708
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Backup and delete stuff in E until you have enough space and then ftp gentoox to E. Then use restoox to move it to the F drive.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Move files from E to F. If your not going to do a native Install on F, then you are fine. If you have E:\Apps and stuff, you can have it on F:\Apps cause Evox looks for both E:\Apps and F:\Apps. Try to look into stuff like that..
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
ango1708

Post by ango1708 »

yes i know , but in E: i have only de save,uDATA,Tdata and cache. they dont take alout of space. '
The Gentoox home i DL from the gentoox site is larger than 4.04Gb , its 4.16Gb'. I have tried to launch it from F:(larger HD) but it doesn't start... What should i do now...??
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Like I said.... backup the data to your PC, delete enough of it till you have space, then ftp gentoox to E. Run gentoox and get everything configured, then shutdown, and then use restoox to move it to your F drive. Then you can ftp the stuff from your computer back to your E drive. That'll be the easiest option....
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

i had a 1.0/1.1 xbox that only had 4.04GB avaliable on E, so i backed up my E: formatted it (using xbhdm) and afterwards i had 4.35GB avaliable, maybe try backing up your E: and formatting, may just do the trick, worked for me on stock xbox hdd
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Well there's no need to format anything, it'll have almost the same effect of deleting stuff. It would be easier just to delete stuff than to format the partition.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

Trevante wrote:Well there's no need to format anything, it'll have almost the same effect of deleting stuff. It would be easier just to delete stuff than to format the partition.
perhaps, the point of my post was that after I reformatted my E: i was left with a larger partition that what M$ gave to me
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

formatting doesnt change your partition orochi. You must have read the numbers wrong. or your talking about hidden files...
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

orochi wrote:
Trevante wrote:Well there's no need to format anything, it'll have almost the same effect of deleting stuff. It would be easier just to delete stuff than to format the partition.
perhaps, the point of my post was that after I reformatted my E: i was left with a larger partition that what M$ gave to me
No, it deleted whatever files were there before, it didn't resize the partition. My point was that instead of formatting the E drive, you could just delete the files that are there already to make space.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

Trevante wrote:
orochi wrote:
No, it deleted whatever files were there before, it didn't resize the partition. My point was that instead of formatting the E drive, you could just delete the files that are there already to make space.
deleting files wont resize a partition, it will just give you more free space
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

You're missing the point. You never resized your partition, you simply wiped all existing data on it, which lead to more free space. The partition table was still the same, and the size of the partition was still the same, you just had more free space than before because all the files on it were erased when you formatted it. You could achieve the same effect by deleting the files manually, instead of formatting the E drive.