gentoox's php without mysql ??

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
dr_flubber
Linux User

gentoox's php without mysql ??

Post by dr_flubber »

is it just me or mysql support is not included in the standard portage of mod_php ?

Code: Select all

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--without-readline' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2' '--without-db3' '--without-db4' '--without-db2' '--with-mcrypt=/usr' '--with-mhash' '--with-gdbm=/usr' '--with-java=/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.1' '--without-pgsql' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-pdflib=/usr' '--without-gd' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-jpeg' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--enable-exif' '--with-tiff-dir=/usr' '[b]--without-mysql[/b]' '--with-ttf' '--with-t1lib' '--with-gettext' '--with-qtdom' '--with-pspell' '--with-openssl' '--without-curl' '--without-imap' '--without-ldap' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--without-kerberos' '--with-pam' '--disable-memory-limit' '--disable-ipv6' '--disable-dbx' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-sablot=/usr' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xml' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-bz2' '--with-crack' '--with-ndbm' '--with-cdb' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-ftp' '--with-mime-magic' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvipc' '--with-iconv' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-dio' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-versioning' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php/apache2-php4' 
i'm quite new to those *user friendly* distribs and don't want to re-install them manually; does anyone have an idea of how to add the mysql support to mod_php ?

thx for help
--dr.flubb
XBoxgeek
Pro

Post by XBoxgeek »

Hi dr_flubber,

I am new as well so I don't know if this will help or is what you want. But I installed MySQL and mod_php at the same time by following this.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=qt3

Sorry if I am way off base here.

Cheers
XBoxgeek
dr_flubber
Linux User

Post by dr_flubber »

mod_php doesn't include mysql by default; where to change this setting ?
--dr.flubb
Yogurth

Post by Yogurth »

Hi!

Take a look at http://www.gentoo.org

Look for USE flags...

Regards.
bikr
Novice

Post by bikr »

emerge mod_php USE -mysql