Kernel Panic Help!

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
brucett
Novice

Kernel Panic Help!

Post by brucett »

OK, somehow i managed to mess up my Xbox Linux. It runs natively with a 200gb hard drive. Dont ask how but now i get a kernel panic when loading up the xbox.

My question is how can i resurect the xbox without losing any data from the f drive.

Your help is appreciated. thanks.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

I need to ask 'how did you mess it up' ??

cause thats the very answer that would help others to answer your question .
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
brucett
Novice

Post by brucett »

Just moving the network hub and the xbox basically, no other reason than that. All plugged back together as it was and now!

The IP of my xbox randomly changed but im not sure if that was a router problem. Anyway i ran sparkle and nothing ever since.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

so does gentoox boot up now without problems. or does it boot up like u said in your first post with 'kernel panic' message. Along with kernel panic, you should have got more message before that..

ip address changing could happen if your ip address is not defined to be static. Thats a normal thing if you have more than one pc/xbox/ps2 or anything else connected to the router.

What version of gentoox do you have.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
brucett
Novice

Post by brucett »

The message before that when it loads:

Code: Select all

/linuxrc: cannot open dev/console: No such file or directory
I have the latest version of Pro/
brucett
Novice

Post by brucett »

I managed to get ftp up by changing the bios so ftp was supported. I noticed when looking at the e drive that 2 files were missing including rootfs which is a major problem. I ftpd back all the files to the e drive and emerged sync and samba.

I set the directories to what they were before but i cant find my music on the share from where it was before. All music was stored on the f-drive and i have not touched that ever since the problem so it remained intact. Is there anyway i can search the drive so i can see the files from the previous time.

all my shares were in the path /mnt/fatx/f if that helps. I really need this back.