Not all HDTV choices in xbvset

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
h1p1n3

Not all HDTV choices in xbvset

Post by h1p1n3 »

Okay, I installed Gentoox a few days ago, and I have my xbox hooked up to my HDTV.. Upon installation I had the choice of Chooseing either Component or HDTV. I chose HDTV and the choice I had in there was 480p. I chose that, finished the installation and got gentoox back up.. the display IS better than component, but I would like it at 1080i.

When I got everything up and operational I opened up xbvset and chose (again) HDTV.. Still the only choice in there is 480p.

My setup is this: Xbox v1.6(yes I have to deal with that damn overscan issue, unless anyone know a way around that*hint hint*) with HD component to my HDTV. I did turn on HD support in the M$ dashboard, and doublececked ot make sure that all the choices were "on" And, my tv DOES support 480p 720p and 1080i

Soo why are those choices not showing up in xbvset? Is there a way to change this?

Bonus question: anyone have an answer for the overscan issue?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Theyll show up when you write a driver that can cope with them.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Paratus

Post by Paratus »

Is there still no driver that can handle HDTV resolutions on a 1.6 box? Is this restricted to the 1.6 only? I'm having the exact same problem and I quite honestly just can't stand using 480p resolution. Browsing the web in such low resolution is near impossible (if you want the site to look decent) and my TV does support up to 1080i.

Is there no way to get a 720p or 1080i GUI with a 1.6 box?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Nope.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo