Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
tbp

Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute

Post by tbp »

Emerge fails.
Unfortunately your latest release of Gentoox Home does not allow me install natively (Due to the error not enough space on E for the install) or via FTP (Due to the increased size of the rootfs).
I could not understand why a native install wass not possible because I have no unnecessary apps or files using up space on E:.
Therefore I was stuck. I decided to install version 3.0c and then magic to the latest version (I have done this before and had no problems.
Note I am reinstalling for two reasons:
1 To see how Gentoox runs natively.
2 Due to a hard drive upgrade to 200gb.

The install went okay, But on running magic I get the following error "Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute"

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Code from putty follows:

Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute 'HIGHEST_PROTOCOL'
-bash: Could: command not found
Xbox root # .='update pass' *='binary update' @='/var/db move'

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/4Q-2003
(Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
.='update pass' *='binary update' @='/var/db move'
s='/var/db SLOT move' S='binary SLOT move' p='update /etc/portage/package.*'

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/1Q-2004

-bash: .=update pass: command not found
Xbox root # s='/var/db SLOT move' S='binary SLOT move' p='update /etc/portage/package.*'
Xbox root # ........................................................................................

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/2Q-2004
................................................................................................................

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/3Q-2004
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updat-bash: ........................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root # Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute 'HIGHEST_PROTOCOL'
Failed to write to m-bash: Failed: command not found
Xbox root #
!Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/4Q-2002
-bash: Performing: command not found

!! Emerge failed.

!! xserver patch failed.
!! Check your netwXbox root # (Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot.)f binary packages
Xbox root # s='/var/db SLOT move' S='binary SLOT move' p='update /etc/portage/package.*'
Xbox root # ................................................................................
-bash: ................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root # Failed to write to mtimedb: 'module' object has no attribute 'HIGHEST_PROTOCOL'
-bash: Failed: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/1Q-2003
Xbox root # (Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
Xbox root # ..........................
-bash: ..........................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/2Q-2003
Xbox root # (Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
Xbox root # .................................................................................
-bash: .................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/3Q-2003
Xbox root # ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
-bash: ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/4Q-2003
Xbox root # .....................................................................
-bash: .....................................................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/1Q-2004
Xbox root # .........................................
-bash: .........................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/2Q-2004
Xbox root # ................................................................................................................
-bash: ................................................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/3Q-2004
Xbox root # ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
-bash: ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................: command not found
Xbox root #
Xbox root #
Xbox root # Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updat...........................................................
Xbox root # Failed to write to m!
Xbox root # !! Emerge failed.
Failed to write to m! Emerge failed.
Xbox root #
Xbox root # !! xserver patch failed.
Failed to write to m! Emerge failed. xserver patch failed.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yeah, if you search the Gentoo forums, youll see this is to do with an old version of python and an old version of db... try updating those and it _should_ work.

Also, it sounds like youre suffering from the fatx "wheres-my-space-gone?" bug. Try formatting the E: partition then reinstalling.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
tbp

I see - Another problem

Post by tbp »

Thanks for the advice Shallax.
I think the best way foward would be for me to install using 3.2, which means sorting the filesystem errors I have.

By the way I have just allowed the Gentoox 3.2 installer to format and prepare my HDD (Delete all data :( etc) and now the installer only offers me an E: install, no native install, any ideas why this is?
I understand I can not do a F: install as my HDD is 200GB but I should be able to do a native install as the installer told me that it has reprepared C,E,F etc for me.
Im goin to Download the slayer CD I think and see if the EvoX's method of HDD formating partitions helps.

Many thanks for all your hard work and providing us with an exceptional tool for the xbox.

tbp
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Make a new partition with fdisk:

Code: Select all

fdisk
n
p
[enter]
[enter]
w
Then reboot and start the installation again.

Also, why in gods name did you paste the error output back into the terminal? o.O
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
tbp

All working

Post by tbp »

OK, all done.
Used Slayers EvoX CD to format my partitions and get the filesystem for the xbox sorted. Now the installer gives me the option for a native install.
Installed, all okay.

Not sure how I ended up inserting the copied text. Must have pasted by mistake???

Is there any way of speeding up the extraction of rootfs?
Or is it restricted by the hardware of the xbox?
It does take an absolute age, LOL.

Thanks again for your help.

TBP