The display is completly scrambled.

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Drexel

The display is completly scrambled.

Post by Drexel »

Im sure I will probably get chewed out for this for missing somthing simple but I'm stuck. I'm using the Pro Component AV Cable, Going into a non-HDTV. audio and video work in Avalaunch, XBMC and such, but starting right when I launch gentoox the display changes, the screen is split down the middle with both sides going off the edge of the tv. after spending tons of time trying to get the display to work properly I ran magic, did the xbvset command with no luck, when gentoox is fully loaded the screen is completly scrambled with white lines. I dont want to give up on that cable because I like the optical out. can some one help.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

As far as I know, you can't use the component video cables in non progressive scan modes in Linux (that goes with any Xbox Linux distro from what I've seen), so you'll either have to permanently switch to the composite cables (I think the s-video cables work also, but I'm not sure), or switch cables every time you want to run Gentoox.
Drexel

Post by Drexel »

Thanks for the reply, I think you are right. I will buy a new cable that has s-video and optical out.