How to burn stardust under Linux??

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
althena77
Novice

How to burn stardust under Linux??

Post by althena77 »

Hello!!

As there is actually no Windows installed on my PC I wonder if it is possible to burn the stardust ISO under Linux for example with K3B.
XBox: 1.1
Bios: IND 5003
Gentoox: Home 4.0
Installation: F
RAM: 128 MB
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

k3b ---tools---- burn CD image
Want to try one more live cd..
http://www.Iccaros-Linux.org
althena77
Novice

Post by althena77 »

iccaros wrote:k3b ---tools---- burn CD image
Thank you very much for the reply :)
But I already tried this and it did not work. AFAIK you can not burn XISO Images that easy under Linux or can I??
XBox: 1.1
Bios: IND 5003
Gentoox: Home 4.0
Installation: F
RAM: 128 MB
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

I don't think Stardust is an XISO image. I think it's just a regular old ISO (I say this mainly because I can open Stardust with winrar and winrar doesn't open xisos). AFAIK, the type of ISO it is shouldn't really make a difference, it should work either way.

PS: You can also do an ftp install. It's much faster than a CD install, and you don't have to worry about your Xbox being able to read your media or not.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

wow I had to search what a XISO is.. (xbox game iso) gentoox iso are jsut ISO and I burned all of them with k3b so I know it works..

try burning a diffrent iso to the same cd typw..your burner may not liek th ecd type when burning a ISO.. I know There is a brand that I have to use track at once TAO or else it errors..
Want to try one more live cd..
http://www.Iccaros-Linux.org
lando786

Post by lando786 »

i burned the entire gentoox home on cdrw and winrar reads it as normal ISO so it'll prolly work.;)