Gentoox has stolen ~4gb

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Robbo

Gentoox has stolen ~4gb

Post by Robbo »

G'day,
I installed Gentoox over ftp, by just copying the right files as stated in the tutorial... before I copied over the files I have over 4gb free on E:... that all worked fine and it would start fine, however during the first time run script thing I set the wrong resolution... so I thought I'd just delete the files and copy them back over the start again...

however, after deleting the files E: now only has ~900mb free, not enough to copy gentoox back on, what the hell happened to the other 4GB?!?

I checked in boXplorer, it says the same thing, but it also says that all the files (it can see) on E: only equal 25mb...

Did gentoox make some hidden files or something? How the hell do I get my space back so I can put gentoox back on?

BTW, I dont have anything else installed on E: just the cache, tdata and udata folders (which equal 25mb)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

How did you delete them?
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Drexel

Backup the r

Post by Drexel »

Backup the remainig software on the e drive then reformat it.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yes, thats the solution... but I want to know how he did it in the first place ;p
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

cant he boot using resctoox and type df to see how much of space is there. Maybe there is a file with blank name taking all the space :)
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I deleted them in ftp

How do I format the drive?

Thanks for your help
Robbo

Post by Robbo »