question about 3d

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
iccaros
Adept

question about 3d

Post by iccaros »

I knwo its been said their is no 3D for linux on the Xbox.. but why.. is not the real video chip a NV3 (nvidia) and the other chips are converters for output ??

MS can't hvae all original xbox games using one driver and then release a new version of the xbox.. so why no tuse the nvidia driver?? please tell me where I don't have a clue ..

from TomsHardware about the xbox

"the Xbox's XGPU uses a derivative of the graphics processor GeForce 3. The architecture of the NV2A is situated between the NV20 (GeForce 3) and the NV25 (GeForce 4). It actually has a four-pixel pipeline and two vertex shaders. By comparison, the NV20 offers four pixel pipelines and one vertex shader, and the NV25 also has two vertex shaders. The graphics chip probably consists of about sixty million transistors (NV 20:57 / NV 25:63)."
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

"the Xbox's XGPU uses a derivative of the graphics processor GeForce 3"

Read that over 3 or 4 times.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
iccaros
Adept

Post by iccaros »

Yes I understand that its derivative of the graphics processor GeForce 3. is not a GeForce 3.. but shoudl not the all in one driver not still work .. its not he driver who decides its the Kernel. is it addressing? or is it lack of enough memory to store 3d textures the way the driver requires?
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

It's the driver. The all-in-one doesn't work.

(Don't you think someone has tried this before?)
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.